As a Project Engineer, you will be the project technical lead for rotating machinery projects, leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team from sales handover through project execution, and installation and commissioning phases. Responsibilities include:
- Manage complete technical scope for supply of new packaged rotating equipment for onshore and offshore projects including gas turbine-generators, gas turbine-compressors, electric motor-driven compressor trains, and extended plant scope (coolers, scrubbers, anti-surge valves, etc.)
- Support Project Manager to address technical concerns with internal and external clients
- Lead global technical project teams of multi-discipline engineers, designers and suppliers
- Manage Engineering schedule, including on time release of equipment specifications, bills of material, and customer documentation
- Manage and monitor Engineering budget
- Manage all technical contract requirements on assigned projects to deliver on targets and objectives, including certifications and compliance to all applicable standards
- Provide engineering support during proposal, manufacturing, testing, installation, commissioning and operation
- Support team with detailed design decisions to meet contract requirements, such as overall system control philosophies and main equipment specification
- Conduct detailed review of contract requirements and specifications and translate these to the project team
- Report to the Project Engineering Manager
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in an engineering related field
- Up to 2 years of experience in design, packaging, or operation of rotating equipment
- Ability to travel up to 20%, both domestically and internationally
- Ability to direct a small team and give general direction to others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in design, packaging, or operation of gas turbines
- Experience with Engineering/PLM software Teamcenter, NX, E3, COMOS, and/or Jira
- Excellent computer skills (Pivot Tables, VBA or other programming language)
- Experience with SAP
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 189088
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.