Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Design reciprocating compressor systems and periphery and assures that they are effective and cost efficient and will meet contractual and industry requirements.
• Create schematic drawings, Arrangement drawings (GA, FA, Piping arrangement) and Process & Instrumentation diagrams for process and utility services.
• Have a basic sense of Recip. compressor maintain space which including removal items distance, operation valve/ equipment min. space, etc.
• Carry out 3-D modeling and drawings of Skid, Coupling guard, Motor outline, Purchase drawing as per client requirement.
• Preparation of Bill of Material and manufacturing drawings.
• Create fabrication drawings and welding details for sole-plate, skid, supports, panels etc.
• Knowledge of international standards, e.g. process piping ASME B31.3, Power piping ASME B31.1 and codes ASME, API.
• Execute projects and able to answers external client questions related to Reciprocating Compressor, their package, auxiliaries, periphery and their related support systems.
• Migration of 2-D drawings to 3-D models using engineering CAD software. 3-D Modeling and Drawings of components / assemblies.
• Maintain drawing revision control (ECN and releasing of drawings in system).
• Follow Siemens global engineering standards and drafting practices.
• Effective utilization of available tools & resources.
• Recording and tracking of time utilized for various projects.
• Work independently with minimal mentorship or direction.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Engineering Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering with experience ranging from minimum of 3+ years to 5 years in the relevant area. Experience with package design in Oil & Gas is required. Familiarity of component design and functioning of reciprocating compressors shall be preferred. Required hands on experience with CAD Tools like UniGraphics NX-11 and GloBus TC11. Proficiency in UG/NX-11 Mechanical Routing application will be added advantage.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 189113
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time