Looking for New opportunities in Mechanical Drives Business Unit of Siemens? We have got you covered. We are looking for individuals like you who will help us change the face of Mechanical Drives for our Portfolio Companies!
Years of Relevant Experience Required:
Bachelors / Masters in Mechanical Engineering/Design with 5 to 10 years’ of experience
What is the candidate expected to do In Siemens?
Calculation Engineers are the primary technical key contacts for Wind gear box calculations. Working in conjunction with the cross functional team, the calculation Engineer must be able to adhere the specification and the safety of the product. Driving the safety wind gear box components till and after the specified operating hours.
- Kiss-soft or equivalent calculation tool knowledge
- NX Teamcenter
- Basics of Microsoft Office tools
- In collaboration with Head Quarters perform calculation for the components in Wind gear box.
- Supporting Head Quarters in Documentation required for Certification
- Supporting in developing successful prototype till serial release of Gear box
Technical Skills required:
- Knowledge of calculations regarding Gears (Helical gears)
- Knowledge pertaining to design calculation of gearbox components
- Fundamental understanding of the mechanical design principles
- Knowledge of GD&T and tolerance analysis
- Previous experience in calculation of wind / industrial gearboxes for industry is an added advantage.
Soft Skills required:
- Good Listening and Analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills, ability to work in teams.
- Creative ability and ability to work under pressure
- Must be Self-motivated, Team player, Effective problem-solving capabilities,
- Desire to learn new concepts continuously
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, international team with a Strong customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) in English must be able to present complex technical topics in a clear and structured way.
Headline Call to action
- We would be happy to welcome you to our Siemens Family, please feel free to apply on the website. If shortlisted, we will be calling you for next steps soon.
- You will be performing this from Chennai location, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 189118
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time