Siemens Industry Software and Services (SISWS) is currently seeking a candidate for:
Junior/Medior Software Engineer Fortran
MADYMO is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of restraint systems. MADYMO offers fast and accurate simulation of the behavior of dummy models as well as human models during a vehicle crash. A new trend within the automotive community is to also use MADYMO during the pre-crash phases, typically in the 2-3 seconds interval just before a crash when the vehicle tries to prevent or mitigate a crash by braking or steering. This poses new requirements on the Multi-Body, Finite-Elements and Airbag solvers within MADYMO. To strengthen our team in optimizing MADYMO for virtual development and validation of the next generation safety systems, SISWS has an immediate opening for a Junior Software Engineer with solid modern Fortran skills. The main role will be to develop scientific software for the next-generation MADYMO solvers, using state of the art numerical methods and computational techniques, in close cooperation with the entire MADYMO team.
Required Background & Education:
- Education level: PhD or MSc in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or Applied Mathematics, with strong focus in numerical methods to resolve differential equations (ordinary and partial).
- Thorough knowledge of numerical analysis and its application. Finite Element Methods, and modern time advancing schemes are highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of shared and distributed memory processing techniques. Knowledge of modern OpenMP and MPI is required.
- Good command of Object Oriented (OO) software design and implementation using Fortran 2008 (2018). Knowledge of C++ is a strong asset.
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data-structures, in scientific software context, and their practical implementation.
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) is a strong asset.
- Comfortable with Linux as working environment.
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Version Control tools is desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge and control of UML for architecture and design purposes is a plus.
- Working experience with the Atlassian toolsuite (e.g. Jira Agile, …) is a plus.
We are looking for a strong team player with an analytical mindset, willing to pick up new challenges, someone who is pragmatic, inspiring, result oriented and inventive regarding complex problems.
Job ID: 189135
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: TASS International Software and Services B.V.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time