Organization: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Department: Automotive Business Unit
Type: Full time / Limited
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
At Mentor – A Siemens Business, we are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with our vision and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions.
Join our team for an “Internship/Thesis in Build Automation using Jenkins” in our Office in Villingen-Schwenningen.
Build automation is the task of automating the creation of a software build and the associated processes. At Mentor, build automation is realized using Jenkins, an open source, highly configurable and widespread tool. A set of Jenkins build jobs has been created to build Linux images, run automated tests, generate documentation and execute license scans.
In order to increase the modularity and reuse of existing build jobs for different customer projects, Jenkins Pipelines could be used. The purpose of this internship is to evaluate the usage and advantages of Jenkins Pipelines to build our Linux images and all related artifacts.
- Identification and installation of necessary plugins on a Jenkins server
- Creation of configurable Jenkins pipelines
- Development of necessary scripts
- Build of Mentor software platform (SysDK) using the new developed pipelines
- Comparison of the new solution with the legacy solution (in terms of performance, maintainability, reusability, etc.)
- Continuous integration (automatic execution of unit tests)
- Automated static code analysis
- Enrolled in a bachelor or master’s degree
- Good English skills
- Interest and further skills in Linux systems
- Further skills in C/C++ or Git are advantages
- Interest in build automation and continuous integration
- Experience with scripting languages (Jenkins)
Get in contact!
Sven Hassler (Development Engineer)
Mentor as a Siemens Business supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Job ID: 189155
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time