Organization: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Department: Automotive Business Unit
Type: Full time / Limited
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
At Mentor – A Siemens Business, we are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with our vision and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions.
Join our team for an “Internship in Measurement theory and practice, simulation and verification of high speed interfaces” in our Office in Villingen-Schwenningen.
Analysis of probing of high speed signals by using “Virtual Probing” technology and comparison with real location probing, pure simulation results and other methods.
Comparing the verification efforts by using the following methods (where available and possible) at selected high speed interfaces; Analyzing and judging the effort, significance and accuracy of the respective method under different conditions / constraints:
- Pure SI (signal integrity) simulation with Hyperlynx (dependent of model availability)
- using pure IBIS model
- using IBIS-AMS model
- using SPICE model
- Pure measurement by probing at the dedicated location
- Measurement by probing different accessible locations and using “Virtual Probing” from Teledyne using
- Passive board s-parameter data extracted by ECAD tool (Xpedition)
- S-parameter directly measured at PCB with an network analyzer
- Measurement results generated within a dedicated signal analysis tool (e.g. eye plot) at the die provided by the semiconductor manufacturer
- Enrolled in a bachelor or master’s degree with proposed fields of study in "ELAN" from Furtwangen or "Electrical Engineering" from Ulm, hardware-related course of study
- Good English skills
- Interest and general understanding of embedded electronic circuits
- Interest in complex high speed measuring equipment
- Interest in simulation and verification
- Focused on practical use in lab, in combination with modeling with the help of simulation tools and theory
Get in contact!
Sven Hassler (Development Engineer)
Mentor as a Siemens Business supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Job ID: 189197
Organisation: Digital Industries
Unternehmen: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Student / Schüler