Siemens is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer focused on selling the Energy Management Portfolio North Region of its Totally Integrated Power (TIP) Sales Group. This individual will report to the North Region TIP Sales Manager. The successful candidate will have a strong background in power distribution equipment used in Industrial applications. Expertise with a high voltage, medium voltage, and low voltage product portfolio such as switchgear and motor control centers, transformers, energy management and power automation solutions, as well as a solid working knowledge of how these integrate into one solution to promote a complete Siemens Smart Gear package is required. The Account Manager will also be responsible to sell services that enhance the value proposition of the power systems.
This individual will also be responsible to deliver sales growth with an assigned account base and to develop and execute sales strategies for those assigned accounts in coordination with other Siemens sales teams in the territory. Prior success working within a matrix organization and across multiple departments to win large, complex power projects is a plus.
The candidate will need to effectively sell at several levels within a customers’ organization including engineering, power and process control, and purchasing, as well as at all levels of a customer organization - operations, maintenance, plant management, and corporate executives.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Job Family Responsibilities:
- This is a quota-based sales role in which the successful candidate will have a proven record of achieving specified business objectives and closing orders at key accounts.
- Leverages Siemens global reach to influence decisions on projects for delivery to the customer in the US or purchased by the customer in the US.
- Guides the development and execution of strategic account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals.
- Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key management within the customer organization.
- Will be responsible for forming account teams and coordinating team activities while maximizing sales and internal collaboration.
- May lead team reviews and updates of account plans based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity.
- Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Possesses a level of product knowledge that serves as a basis for guiding customer planning and budgeting on both product and electrical system sales.
- Focused on account strategies that assure continued customer loyalty.
- Develops sponsorship with key decision-makers within customer organization.
- Performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field.
- Proactively addresses potential problems and provides effective solutions in relation to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Collaboration and communication with other Siemens sales teams is a must, therefore a proven track record of working in a matrix management environment is required.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking to bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Requires strong analytical skills to interpret and forecast changes in customers' buying patterns and product requirements.
- Requires broad knowledge of Company products and proven experience in developing business plans and sales strategies that will influence customers towards a Siemens buying solution.
- Performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Desire to grow and openness to new ideas within a vertical market focused approach.
- Proficiency with the required processes of the Siemens CRM tool to provide transparency of assigned customer data, project opportunities, and activities to all Siemens business units.
Knowledge and Experience:
1. BS/BA in electrical engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required.
2. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be required.
3. Certification may be required in some areas.
4. 5-10 years of industrial electrical solution selling experience is required. Experience with power distribution equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear, motor control centers, power transformers, and energy automation is preferred.
5. Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments.
6. Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise.
7. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
8. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
9. Experience working with client at executive and operations levels is required.
10. Electrical Engineering Background a plus.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.