Siemens is seeking an experienced Solutions Operations Supervisor
for our Building Automation Solutions team in Miramar, FL. This
supervisory position leads our team of specialists and technicians that support
our customers throughout the South Florida area.
- Supervises the activities and performance of system installation employees for installed work.
- Provides technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for installed projects.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls all startup, commissioning, testing, and other committed activities for assigned projects. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications, and cost estimates.
- Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
- Actively coordinates startup activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
- Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions to Service Project Turnovers.
- Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
- Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
- Directs and supervises the development of project startup and commissioning plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations, and sales so that project details, discrepancies and changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding, and operations phases of each project.
- Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training, development, allocation. and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required Experience:
- Two years of experience in Automation, Low-Voltage, Electrical, or similar trade.
- Two years of experience leading a team or in leading project execution.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred.
- Preferred experience:
- Project management experience preferred.
- Two years of supervisory experience with building technologies automation experience.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Job ID: 189201
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.