Receptionist and Administrative Assistant of small Industrial Service Center. Job also involves significant data management for systems that support the operations, production and financial records of the shop and the approximate 20-member workforce.
Position reports to the Service Center Manager directly
· Proceeds with all day-to-day functional specific operations and applies IT systems.
· Prepares specialized routine report and correspondence, and/or statistics.
· Maintains records and filing systems; types and/or enters data into computer systems, including Office application or specialized software packages.
· Completes routine reports, in order to support decision processes in the area assigned.
· Client Service Manager (CSM) Support: Helping the CSM’s with opening quotes in PEP2 and as may be assigned.
· Finance Support: Helping Finance with month-end invoicing process. Ensure all documents are ready and available for invoicing.
· Review job files for accuracy, create labels and maintain hard copy files as may be needed, print and place missing documentation in job files and file in active cabinet. Contact PDMT with any corrections.
· Receive Project invoices, create margin sheet, revenue recognition forms, make sure PCAR’s are cleared or note any accruals, obtain signatures, scan and upload into Oracle, record project invoice information unto invoice log.
· Assist Controller with clearing old outstanding vendor invoices.
· Draft invoices - check for any changes in funding, updated PO’s, shipping documents, upload any additional information into Oracle, prior to Controller’s review & approval. Submit requests to Client Invoicing dept.
· Month end closing ensure all projects have shipped per weekly WIP report.
· Office Depot - order supplies as needed or requested.
· Receipt of vacation requests for shop employees.
· Open PCAR’s, receive in Oracle, or any discrepancies contact designated person for resolution of PCAR issues.
· Assist Accounts Receivables dept. with outstanding invoices by contacting Account Managers to contact clients for resolution of payments.
· General office duties – answering telephone, taking messages, filing, receipt and distribution of mail, creating router Books for CSM’s.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Education required.
- 2 years General Industry Experience required
- Position does not require travel, but it may be available for training
- MS Office Proficiency required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2-year Associate degree in Business preferred
- Preferred 2 years of prior Office Admin Experience
- Preferred experience in Oracle or SAP Office Software
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 189239
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.