As a Controls Designer, you will develop 2D AutoCAD Electrical/ 3D Inventor drawings for Electrical and Control Systems engineering department. In addition, you will be responsible for the quality of the documents created. The documents created shall be in-line with department processes and product requirements. The scope includes general arrangements, panel layouts and assemblies, one-line diagrams and control schematics. Creation of bill of materials with part numbers on assembly drawings is also required.
- Designs and develops documents using the designer tools such as AutoCAD, Inventor, E3 or COMOS, that are required for packaging Gas turbines and compressors based on contract engineering requirements.
- Participates in semi-complex drawings to suit engineering changes and processes engineering change requests.
- Supports the creation of complex design layouts and detail drawings.
- Participates in determining dimensions/specifications necessary on drawings.
- Participates in design and development of product design as applicable to designer work scope.
- Ensures that all drawings comply with industry, departmental and discipline standards
- Supports production during assembly of the products
- Supports Technology & Innovation team to create standards
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree/ Technical Certification or a College Diploma in Drafting.
- 6+ years Electrical and Controls drafting experience
- Experience with drafting tools such AutoCAD/ AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor
- Experience in developing controls and electrical assemblies (Control Panels, Junction Boxes), 3D Models and creating Bills of Materials
- Experience creating control schematics, I/O Layouts,
- Experience with various electrical codes (NEC /IEC) and hazardous environment standards those are applicable to designing of controls and electrical assemblies.
- Able to work well both as individual contributor and as a team member
- Able to take instructions and deliver quality documents that meet the requirements
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 189261
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.