Project Logistics Operator (PLO) – Atlantic Zone
In this dynamic role, you will support projects with logistics activities aimed at increasing customer satisfaction and ensuring the success of the project through accurate and on-schedule material supply.
This position has multiple openings can be located anywhere within the Atlantic Zone.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs logistics activities in projects in order to guarantee an economical and on-schedule delivery of materials as defined by the Project Manager in the installation schedule.
- Owns the process of material requisitioning in projects assigned, utilizing all relevant logistics data and options in order to minimize transport and handling costs in balance with optimal installation efforts as defined by Engineering and Project Management.
- Coordinates, communicates and maintains all dates and information from internal and external suppliers, project procurement, transport providers, and service providers for the entire supply chain process in order to ensure an accurate, on schedule and economical process.
- Ensures availability of information to the project team regarding disposition of materials during transport.
- Creates and coordinates corrective actions needed to ensure materials arrive on site in line with installation schedule.
- Creates efficiency and status reports regarding material and product availability based on the needs of the project supply concept in order to provide an assured data and information base for project planning.
- Documents and processes complaints or transport damages with responsible partners (Warehouse Team, Procurement, Insurance, Project Controlling, Quality, Project Management) in order to secure any recourse claims and to take further measures.
- Collaborates with partners in order to distribute all relevant information and to stay informed and keep others informed to ensure optimized supply.
- Supports any return of materials in excess to relevant suppliers in order to recoup money on projects (reduce slip and increase profit).
- May handle Support of Tender Preparation as well as Supplier evaluation together with Sales, Project Management, Procurement and others within Supply Chain Logistics.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associates degree required, BS/BA in related discipline preferred.
- 2+ years of progressive logistic/materials management/transportation experience within the project environment (e.g. construction, EPC, etc.).
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Experience with coordinating activities with third party service providers, including the definition of services level and tracking performance/compliance.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing across a complex network of multiple levels of leadership, corporate teams, project management, engineering, sales, procurement, and supply chain logistics is required.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as working well in groups.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional Logistics Certification (e.g. CSCP, CLTD, CITLP).
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated success and depth of experience with requirements regarding all modes of transportation and distribution models.
- Experience in other related functions such as Operations, Finance, Purchasing, Sales, etc.
- SAP experience – other SCM related modules (Sales & Distribution, Purchasing, Accounting, Planning, etc.).
- Other Professional Certifications: PMP, CPSM.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 189269
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.