The Smart Infrastructure Electrical Services (SI ES) Business Unit of Siemens is looking for qualified and driven Business Development Manager (BDM) for the Upper Midwest Region.
As the BDM, you will establish and lead the sales initiatives to realize bookings quota for Siemens Industry Inc., SI ES in the power generation, transmission & distribution, industrial, federal and commercial vertical markets within the upper mid-west region (WI, IL MN, ND, SD, and IA). You will be responsible for pipeline development, account planning, defining strategies to grow business volume and penetrate new customer accounts to achieve greater market share while collaborating with remainder of the Siemens Industry BDMs from other business units and direct Siemens sales organizations across all channels. Strategic engagement in proposal and sales processes will be required.
- Identify, pursue, and capture new business opportunities utilizing Siemens service solutions and experience base in all key market segments within the regional territory.
- Early involvement with target customers to influence their specifications and drive the acceptance of our products and service solutions.
- Successfully collaborate with regional and local sales channels/account managers from the Power Systems Sales (PSS), Total Integrated Power (TIP), Total Integrated Automation (TIA), Integrated Drive System/Solutions (IDSS), Construction Sales (CON), SI Regional Service and Sales (RSS) as well as remainder of product and system business developers to up-sell service solutions with products for driving mutual growth.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for bookings and present the sales pipeline to management on a bi-monthly basis via SI wide CRM tool.
- Attend industry trade shows, prepare commercial proposals, customer presentations, and demonstrate wall-to-wall capabilities.
- Support Product Life-Cycle Management process (PLM) for building technical requirements based on global and local market needs for development or adaptation of future products, new technologies, solutions, and systems.
- Train and support Siemens sales channels of SI ES’ portfolio, capabilities, and value propositions.
Qualifications & Expectations:
What you will need to know and have done to be successful?
- A minimum of 10 years business experience with responsibilities for sales, business development, project management, or field operations in power generation, utility and/or industrial, commercial and federal markets within the regional territory.
- Strong technical and commercial knowledge of transmission and distribution equipment and application within all previously mentioned market segments.
- Consistent record or capability for account management, forecast, sales process management, and successful reach of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skill, accountability, and having the ability to work though others as required.
- Possess persuasive presentation and effective communications skills (written and verbal), motivation, and creativity to develop dynamic solutions to unique customer opportunities.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 40% of the time, domestically as required. A company vehicle will be provided.
- Command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, for detailed financial analysis and business evaluation with working knowledge of related office suite products required.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering desired
- You should reside within the regional territory.
Job ID: 189276
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.