Areas of Responsibilities – Project Manager – Industrial Gas Turbine, Compressor & Steam Turbine
- Experience on Compressors (Axial and Reciprocating) and Industrial Steam Turbines will be a distinct advantage, as well as Gas Turbine experience focused on the industrial sized portfolio of Siemens.
- Manage Field Service and Complex Projects and drive Project Management activities for Service Business, Planned and Unplanned Outages, and Modification and Upgrade Projects to defined Project Management standards and Customer requirements.
- The Project manager owns complex projects assigned from “Sales-Execution handover” to end of warranty and has end to end responsibility for EHS, Quality, Schedule and financial results, both onsite and offsite.
- Definition and management of Project Plans comprising, EHS plan, schedules, quality, budget, risk, change control, risk/opportunity and resource management. Collaborate with resource managers to secure resources of correct disciplines and qualifications for successful deployment on assigned Projects.
- Comply with the PM@Siemens Methodology and perform all activities according to the PM@Siemens Global Project Management Process. Selected candidate will be provided necessary training, if needed, pending certification to required PM@Siemens standard.
- Resource Management will include the Management of on-time delivery of materials, field service resources and technical documentation and reports to ensure that all Contractual deliverables are fulfilled.
- Contribute to Customer success as part for the platform team in support of Sales, Branch and other functional disciplines.
- Set expectation for world class service delivery in a project environment, including sharing of best practice and contributing to the project management community within Siemens and from time to time externally as needed or determined by functional management.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Requirements of the Position
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent years of experience
- 5 years of successful experience in related field preferably within Gas Turbines, Compressors and Industrial Steam Turbines in the Oil and Gas Market
- Successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- Experience of collaboration with internal and external Suppliers
- Experience of collaboration with Siemens Companies and / or external Partners
- Ability to indirectly direct / project manage internal teams and disciplines
- Project Manage the delivery of work packages from Internal and external Suppliers
- Develop and drive and change management initiatives for efficient execution of Projects
- Collaboration with External/Internal Contacts engineering; procurement; logistics; manufacturing; commissioning; site management; customer service, authorities; internal and external auditors
- Experience as PM with full responsibility for project results in cross-organizational projects
- PM@Siemens 'C' Certified or other recognized Project Management Certification
- Experience deemed equivalent to Engineering degree related to portfolio of Projects in Siemens industrial portfolio of Compressors, Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines.
- Ability to work remotely and in a Matrix reporting organization
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 189281
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.