We are looking for a passionate and competent “Package Engineer” to join our engineering team in Shanghai, he or she will be our core member and key interface in project execution team from technical aspect, overall responsible for all technical issue on reciprocating compressor related project.
What are my responsibilities?
The detailed job responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Strong knowledge of determine & calculation for reciprocating compressor P&ID, GA, Foundation Plan, Piping GA & Isometrics and other drawing.
- As project technical interface with client, design institute, contractors, suppliers on project engineering aspect, including technical clarification, communication.
- Interpret client / consultant’s technical requirement and questions, clearly define and control on scope from technical aspect.
- Prepare and attend kickoff meeting, vendor meeting with client, design institute, contractor, suppliers on technical aspect, prepare technical part of Meeting minutes.
- Liaison with client, design institute on P&ID, GA, Foundation Plan, Piping GA & Isometrics and other drawing clarification and approval from client and design institute.
- Have regular project technical meeting (conference call or on site) internally with global engineering, project, operation team in USA, India, France etc per project requirement.
- Communicate with company internal domestic and oversea project & product engineering, Supply chain, manufacturing, quality on any technical issue resolution, including BOM, scope and drawing & document transmittal, clarification, management, quality issue root cause analysis, technical solutions etc,.
- Work with field service representative on collecting, identifying, analysis, solution making with support from each function internally.
- Coordinate with product engineering on specifications for procurement.
- Evaluate impact on any external and internal change order from technical and work scope aspect.
- Engineering drawings & document control.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree or above in mechanical Engineering, preferred in compressor related major.
- Minimum 3-5 year working experience in compressor or relevant fluid control equipment industry.
- Familiar with product, design, manufacturing of compressor packaging, reciprocating & centrifugal compressor, cylinder, lube oil console, vessel, and cooler etc.
- A strong knowledge of general mechanical engineering, drafting, such as AutoCAD and UG NX, and PC process is necessary.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and strong communication abilities, both oral and written with internal and external customers.
- Good team worker, inclusiveness.
- Diligent and professional work attitude, Patient.
What else do I need to know?
At Siemens, we value diversity as the inclusion of and collaboration of different thinking, background, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organization levels and dimensions. We encourage and support our employees to develop their personal skills and strengths, regardless of gender identity, nationality, age, religious beliefs etc.. We believe diversity strengthens our innovative capacity, unleashes the potential of Siemens’ employees and thereby directly contributes to our business success.
Job ID: 189322
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time