Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is a market leader in the manufacture of light rail/locomotive vehicles has a newly created leadership role in our Sacramento, California facility. The Bogie And Coaches Welding Team Leader will have a tremendous impact on the manufacturing portion of the welding operations business teams success..You will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of direct reports that are welding with passion and efficiency in order to build state of the are rail vehicles. You will the opportunity to ensure the success of several major programs and have customer interface on a daily basis. This is a position for someone who enjoys being on the production floor, leading by example and creating a legacy for others to follow
- Ensure dimensional compliance and that all required NDT including VT, MT, PT, UT and RT inspections of welded carshells and bogie frames are completed to defined standards and specifications.
- Manage quality assurance activities in all weld departments (light rail carshell, locomotive carshell, coach stainless steel carshell, and bogie weld).
- Ensure all inspections are correctly documented and reported.
- Analyze inspection data to identify root causes for weld defects and work with weld engineering and weld experts to define best practices to reduce the number of defects.
- Develop and implement improved weld inspection processes and techniques to drive efficiency and consistency in inspection results.
- Assignment and coordination of inspection resources on a daily basis to support production schedules and takt times in multiple weld departments.
- Forward resource planning to ensure inspection resources are in place to support future production demand.
- Hire and develop weld inspection staff, including AWS certified weld training and recertification.
- Ensure accurate time reporting for weld inspection staff.
- Interface with customer Resident Inspectors on a daily basis.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: High school minimum, AA or 4 year degree desired
- In depth knowledge of AWS and DIN weld standards. AWS Certified Weld Inspector certification strongly preferred. Experience with DIN 15085 desired.
- Strong experience in quality inspection of welded structures. Exposure to carbon steel, structural steel welding, MIG, TIG, and stainless steel resistance and plasma welding.
- 10 years of related experience, with 5 years in leadership positions.
- Experience with modern quality assurance tools and techniques.
- Strong understanding of, and ability to work with, quality assurance concepts and systems.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Job ID: 189327
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.