The business segment Hydrogen Solutions (GP HY) develops, produces and commercializes the SILYZER, an innovative electrochemical system, which splits water into Hydrogen and Oxygen based on the PEM (proton-exchange membrane) technology, using (green) electrical energy. With the SILYZER, we’re taking another step towards creating a sustainable future by helping our industry, power and mobility customers to decarbonize their economy.
Are you a hydrogen enthusiast?
- You will also coordinate the cooperation with national and international universities and leading research institutes.
- You will keep a constant eye on global research and development trends and advise management on the future direction of R&D activities.
- Use your network and stay visible in the expert community by representing the Hydrogen Solutions at trade fairs and conferences and serve as a technical expert for internal and external customers.
- In coordination with the QM department you will introduce new cell components into the manufacturing processes at our factory site.
- You will work on R&D projects under consideration of time schedule and costs and will investigate fundamental aspects of PEM technology to ensure the competitiveness of our products in the future.
- In this role you will play a key role in bringing the next generation of high-performance cells and components to market and secure our technology leadership in Hydrogen business.
- In your new position you will take on an important role in the development team of the Siemens Silyzer electrolysis plants.
- In order to find your way around your international environment, you have a very good knowledge of English as well as basic knowledge of the German language in word and writing
- In addition, you are ready to develop joint innovative solutions in interdisciplinary teams
- You also score with extensive knowledge of electrochemical cells, cell design and characterization as well as PEM electrolysis or fuel cell systems
- Ideally, you are also distinguished by your first experience in plant engineering
- You have experience with decomposition mechanisms of electrochemical cells, in particular PEM cells, with catalytic coatings and their manufacturing processes, and ideally with cell characterization methods such as impedance spectroscopy
- You look forward to bringing in your many years of relevant professional experience in the scientific environment or in the industrial R&D sector of electrolysis and/or fuel cell systems
- We would like to meet you if you have successfully completed a degree in electrochemistry, technical chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering or a similar subject area, ideally with a doctorate
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Gas and Power GmbH & Co. KG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time