The Senior Full stack developer role is within Siemens Gas and Power Digitalization group responsible for the development of a suite of commercial software applications and solutions which help customers to optimize their power plant operations and asset management. This is a great opportunity to join a team crafting outstanding and impactful solutions for our customers globally!
· Development and maintenance backend services to support development of desktop, web-based and mobile applications and components of the digital portfolio.
· Design and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume microservices from conception, design, and to implementation for both cloud (Amazon Web Services) and on-premise solution
· Providing accurate effort estimation and analysis of tasks required for development, and actively participating in daily stand up meetings and become member of one or more scrum teams
· Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and customers
· Follow coding and naming standards of Siemens
· Implement standard methodologies, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies
· Working alongside graphic designers for web design features
· Ensuring responsiveness of applications
· Perform code reviews and participate in defining & ensuring alignment to coding standards
· Translate business goals, product requirements, research and testing insights into helpful, intuitive products
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment
· A minimum of 5 years of active Python development and with 3 years of AWS based backend development
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Highly experienced in Python popular frameworks like Flask, SQL Alchemy, Celery, Redis
· Knowledge and experience with microservice architecture
· Experience on microservice orchestration (service to service communication)
· Hands on experience with relational databases, data warehouses and/or NoSQL database (PostgreSQL, Snowflake or Redshift)
· Good understanding and working experience on ORM and corresponding frameworks
· Experience with version controls (Gitlab) and tools like Confluence and Jira Restricted
· Experience with integrating and handling structured and unstructured data in cloud-based data management systems for example with PostgreSQL or Redshift, Snowflake is a plus
· Experience crafting APIs e.g. for REST and JSON
· Good problem-solving skills
· Experience in Api Documentation
· Experience in Single Sign on products like OKTA/Auth0
· Experience working with a globally distributed team
· Any experience working within the Energy industry would be a huge plus!
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad proficiencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 189390
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.