Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Project Manager to support our Electrical Services group in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Northern Idaho and Western Montana). The electrical services business works with low / medium power distribution systems including switchgear, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance. This person is responsible for supporting projects from cost review, pre-booking to final customer acceptance. S/he will supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects while ensuring customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Projects typically consist of:
- Low and Medium Voltage Acceptance Testing
- Preventive Maintenance
- Repairs and Upgrades
- Power System Studies
- Participates in pre-bid reviews, pre-job walks and scoping, and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes available one-line drawings and site documentation, plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Participates in on-site project management as necessary to monitor progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide additional test equipment and support of project execution.
- Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as Acceptance Reports, one line drawing updates and project close out documentation, collections and payments and all project records.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required Education: High school diploma or GED
- Required Experience: 5+yrs experience in the installation, maintenance, engineering, or project management of low / medium voltage power distribution systems as noted in the position overview.
- Required travel: 25%
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associates degree within a technical field
- PMP certification
- NETA or NICET certified
Job ID: 189437
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.