Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for an experienced Sr. Project Manager to support our growing EPS (Energy Performance Solutions) business. In this role, you will be responsible for all project management activities for large performance contracting guaranteed energy savings projects. This position can be based out of our Canton, MA or Scarborough, ME branch locations, with the primary territory covering New England states.
- Generate written project scope work for sub contractors as reflected in the design intent or within existing plans and specifications. Complete responsibility for all project financials including cost management and monthly forecasting. Prepare customer progress billings accurately and on time. Approve payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain contractor and materials bids for each project. Responsible for all coordination of customer project meeting and accurately provide and document meeting minutes. Responsibilities include defining project budgets and schedules in the project acquisition phase.
- Manage large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
- Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- Manage the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepare and oversee preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain bids and utilizes procurement to select subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
- Participate in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a technical field preferred, however, candidates with a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalency, along with strong mechanical and HVAC experience will also be considered.
- Experience managing large energy or mechanical commercial/industrial building projects, prefer at least 5+ years experience.
- Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations; Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- CPM Certification preferred, however, candidates without CPM Certification must be willing and able to obtain it within one year.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, MS Project or Primavera and Outlook. Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver’s license; must meet eligibility requirements to qualify for Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must be willing and available to travel up to 50%
- Knowledge of utility rebates and performance contracting legislation preferred but not required.
- Strong mechanical and HVAC systems knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Federal and public jobs (with an understanding of prevailing wages) work experience is preferred but not required.
- Estimating, design verification, knowledge of building codes, project scheduling, equipment start-up, commissioning, and project close out.
Job ID: 189454
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.