Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Student Program (SSP)
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Spring and Summer 2020 Strategic Student Program. Our internship positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
have positions available in software development, user experience, data
management, technical marketing, engineering consulting, research & design
innovation, and human resources. More information on our specific roles are
included in this document.
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Able to work out of the Livonia, MI office without relocation
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior employees
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Paid volunteer time off
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Americas Field Marketing – Program Execution
In the Global Marketing Execution organization, we are aligned with the Siemens Digital Industries Software’s strategy of going to market by industry. Part of doing so is reaching new target customer segments to increase awareness and demand of our technologies, as well as influence direct engagement with our sales organization. In support of that, we have a need for an exceptional Field Marketer that can assist with marketing program development to ensure successful execution against our strategy of expanding our business footprint in the market. Work will include all aspects of marketing program execution including but not limited to, understanding target market(s) and market segmentation through commercial insights, data-driven marketing planning, direct marketing tactic development to influence target audience, and data analytics. The intern should have a solid understanding of digital marketing and be marketing savvy, be highly organized and detail-oriented as well as self-motivated, goal-oriented and possess good interpersonal communication skills. A foundational background in business, with experience in situation analysis is preferred.
The student will champion projects that allow you to:
- Partner with other marketing team members to help develop and execute a comprehensive marketing program to support growth initiatives
- Monitor, research and analyze software market, with focus on the Small Medium Business segmentation of our core industries (Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Products & Retail, Industrial Machinery and Heavy Equipment), this can include researching manufacturing company’s strategies, as well as other software market peers, analyzing and interpreting data and reports on market conditions
- Experience performance tracking of execution through use of CRM tools
- Work with marketing team to devise ideal tactic plans that increase effectiveness of program execution
- Operate with minimal supervision as this is an individual contributor role
- GPA of a 3.0 or higher
- Structured thinker and excellent analytical skills, able to identify and communicate solutions and recommendations
- Strong, polished oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present to large audiences and provide status updates on a regular basis
- Technically proficient in Microsoft required, familiarity with Salesforce.com or other CRM tools beneficial, able and willing to learn new productivity software skills
- Comfortable with frequent meetings on the phone
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive
- Currently an undergraduate in Marketing or Business with experience or knowledge in Engineering or Manufacturing principles
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship from the company
Job ID: 189462
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.