The position of Account Executive for Energy Performance Solutions (EPS) will be part of the Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services of Siemens Americas. This role will manage and grow the EPS business in the Western and Midwest Region of the US while focusing on the Commercial and Industrial (C&I) or Municipal, University, School and Hospital (MUSH) market segments. The Account Executive will identify market needs and develop sales strategies to address customer objectives and develop solutions to help clients improve their facilities, operations and profitability.
The EPS group is a virtual/overlay “branch” which works across multiple divisions and physical branches with the goal to position Siemens as the preferred solutions provider for value based Building Retrofit, Performance Contracting and Distributed Energy Systems (DES) projects. This person will be an Individual Contributor with no direct reports; however, the position requires leadership and collaboration will all levels of management and the EPS team on assigned projects.
Under limited supervision, the ideal candidate
- Manages and grows the EPS business in the target market through
- Maintaining Executive, C-level relationships and proficiency in value-selling solutions and services at this corporate level.
- Providing early identification and qualification of sales leads with cross-divisional sales teams (develop sales funnel).
- Developing and implementing plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for target customers.
- Managing the most sophisticated deals independently within established guidelines.
- Consultatively assisting targeted clients in understanding financial business goals, uncovering challenges and defining long-term infrastructure solutions whether self-funding or business outcome oriented.
- Thoroughly understanding the wide-ranging challenges faced by the target market/clients, with a strategic approach to help address and overcome these by developing mutually-beneficial partnerships.
- Obtaining letters of intent, coordinating financing options and negotiating contracts, as needed.
- Developing and deploying market/account strategies.
- Works well with internal and external teams
- Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain client commitment.
- Ensures smooth sales-to-operations turnover.
- Assists in resolving collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Co-manages customer communication and opportunity development with Field sales, as applicable.
- Team-sells with other salespeople when appropriate and mutually beneficial.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure expected customer outcomes.
- Is recognized as a market expert
- Participates in civic and professional organizations, workshops and seminars.
- Keeps current on market and business trends.
- Understands and explains the correlation between market drivers, business objectives, and operational issues as they relate to value propositions--applying this knowledge as a strategic sales coach to create account strategies.
- Continues to acquire deeper selling, technical, and financial skills.
- Maintain, report and lead the internal sales process by
- Effectively completing needs assessments, financial justifications, and related proposals and presentations.
- Preparing accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports, and expense tracking.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Five or more years of executive consultative selling experience providing complex solutions to C&I/MUSH clients, or financial transactions that underwrite construction (e.g. underwriting bonds) or other complex solution sales to executive decision-makers in the geography in which this role will sell.
- Demonstrated involvement in any of the following are considered a plus
- Expertise in the energy industry, specifically Distributed Energy sector
- Experience with Project and Energy Finance
- Relationship or history with local industrial clients
- Familiarity with energy-related financing programs
- Familiarity with local utility regulations
- Engineering and/or EPC-developer experience
- Position will have annual sales targets with senior-level responsibility for meeting business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or other field relevant to our business. Masters in Business Administration a plus.
- Requires related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use contractual and financial concepts.
- Ability to plan, navigate and negotiate a complex sales process.
- Strong understanding of customer business & drivers.
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- 30% travel may be required
Individual must possess a valid
Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 189473
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.