Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Staff Engineer – Supplier Operations.
As a Staff Engineer, you will be the technical interface between Siemens and our suppliers, and you will be integral to maintaining supplier relationships as well as quality, compliance, and assurance of supply. Products you will support are used in diagnostic healthcare applications and may be raw materials used in production for Glasgow, DE manufacturing or may be finished, customer orderable goods. These non-chemical consumables include components such as cuvettes, bulk fluids containers, reaction vessels, etc. You will work with a variety of industries and technologies including injection molding, blow molding, glass manufacturing, silicone molding and extrusion, foil and film manufacturing, and more.
This is a role well suited to an engineering professional looking for the next step in their career. As a Staff Engineer on the Supplier Operations Team, you will:
- Utilize technical knowledge of mechanical engineering and materials to interpret and clarify information from validations (IQ, OQ, PQ); to determine and address impacts from supplier change notices; to develop complex specifications; and to utilize technical data to ensure products meet required performance characteristics.
- Collaborate with suppliers and tool manufacturers to drive results and to ensure Siemens’ owned/ supplier operated assets such as molds and automation systems are maintained to a high standard of quality.
- Ensure compliance within Siemens Healthineers’ Quality Management System. Act as the subject matter expert/ technical expert to address internal and external customer complaints.
- Drive and support productivity improvement projects such as material cost savings initiatives.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers. Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience include:
- Experience working with Siemens Healthineers Quality Management System.
- Experience with Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR), Issue Resolution (IR), and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Experience working in FDA, automotive, nuclear, or other highly regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of process validations.
- Experience managing suppliers and maintaining Business-to-Business relationships.
- Experience as technical subject matter expert and interfacing with customers.
- Experience working with products used in diagnostic or analytical laboratories.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field.
- Willing to travel up to 50%, sometimes with very little notice.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries, build networks, and collaborate in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to attain results while balancing technical solutions with business needs.
- Demonstrated high level critical thinking and problem solving abilities with experience containing problems, conducting and documenting root cause, and identifying and executing solutions.
- Ability to act independently while managing complex and ambiguous tasks with minimal direction.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility, including short notice domestic and international deployment.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Job ID: 189552
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.