Field Service Engineer
Customers around the world trust our products. And field service engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a competent advisor, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you don’t do “unfair.” Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, you will reach one hundred percent in your career.
We are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer for our Service and Power Generation Business Unit. As the Fluid Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for engineering activities associated with developing, planning, and implementing services and upgrades for power plant equipment.
• Ensure the zero-accident philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of project operations.
• Guide on-site technical and operational support in the installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of a very complex nature.
• Direct field service personnel in the implementation of piping and equipment installation and modification
• Work with engineering and project stake holders to develop installation procedures and schedules
• Support cost estimating and proposal development for product line proposals
• Identify and schedule necessary internal and external resources required to implement project assignments
• Review, maintain and update on project budget and schedule activities
• Effectively communicate project status with stakeholders on and off site
• Update logs, schedules, submit reports covering job activity on a timely basis
• Support domestic and international projects
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge or experience in steam or combustion turbine generator auxiliary piping, and oil systems
• Knowledge of Lube Oil System design, hardware, and specifications
• Knowledge or experience in welding and installation of all types of power plant piping
• Good communication, scheduling and writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with customers, vendors and industry experts.
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 189591
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.