Generator Services Project Engineer
This position will provide project management oversight for major turbine generator repair projects and manage maintenance and installation contracts to maximize profits, minimize rework, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Provide project management oversight for major turbine generator repair projects and manage maintenance and modernization contracts to maximize profits, minimize rework and increase customer satisfaction.
- Develop plans and project manage implementation to provide profitability to Turbine Generator Specialty Service (TGSS).
- Work integrally with Product Line Managers, Marketing, and Technical Services managers to identify and develop projects.
- Develop and utilize schedules which provide clarity of objectives to customer and Siemens and permit adjustments to achieve desired commitments.
- Manage the work of Siemens specialists and technicians from various product lines contributing to projects.
- Develop detailed work instructions for completion of contract work scopes.
- Work integrally with District to ensure readiness to commence work at sites. Issue purchase orders, as necessary, and arrange for subcontractors to procure materials and services required to complete projects.
- Work closely with development engineers for tooling, tooling improvements, and process developments to meet product line needs.
- During project planning, review and challenge engineering on project technical documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/similar field.
- You should have 3-5 years of experience in turbine generators and project management.
- You must have a complete understanding of processes involved in maintaining and installing turbine generators, including technical and project management aspects.
- You will have keen generator knowledge and must be able to resolve technical issues associated with turbine generator inspection, repair and modification at multiple customer sites with a wide variety of equipment.
- You must be able to assemble detailed work instructions for performance of field work, manage project logistics, schedule personnel in support to contract requirements, collaborate with project stake holders, and integrate GS work into the overall project organization.
- You should have experience with Siemens computer system and standard MS Office applications including scheduling software and possess knowledge of Siemens technical information systems that are necessary to be effective.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment
- Previous experience with Siemens products, customers, and processes highly desirable.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 189607
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.