Performs job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for assigned projects. Provides guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility.
- Perform End-to-End verification of I/O.
- Perform configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of systems.
- Perform network setup and troubleshooting (IP, RS-485, etc.)
- Implement graphical user interface (GUI).
- Support Third Party Commissioning efforts.
- Perform wiring checkout and automation start-ups using provided software and tools.
- Complete adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- Complete startup of typical systems.
- Operate PC workstations, user interfaces, IP networking devices.
- Perform software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Effective management of time.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 1+ years experience installing, programming, designing, or servicing mechanical controls or mechanical HVAC systems
- Required amount of travel: Up to 40%
- Required knowledge/skills:
- Basic understanding of Low Voltage Control Systems and Electromechanical Devices
- Comfort in a Construction Environment
- Basic understanding of IP Networking
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and interfaces.
- Comfortable in most aspects of computer operation.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred: 2 or 4 year degree
- Preferred Experience: 2+ years building automation systems (BAS systems) / Direct Digital Controls (DDC controls) field experience
- Preferred knowledge/skills:
- Previous Experience with Projects (Scope/Size/Type)
- IP Networking Exposure
- Basic Electrical Troubleshooting
- Exposure to Engineered Documents (Submittals, Specifications, Blueprints)
Job ID: 189625
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.