Can you help us shape the future? We're looking for dedicated assembly technicians with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Join our manufacturing team to help us provide quality products that make a difference. As an Assembly Technician you will assemble various types of steam turbines, rotors, pumps, and other types of industrial steam turbine related components.
What experience do you need?
A minimum of 1 year of assembly experience on heavy equipment or light industrial equipment. Familiarity with industrial steam and/or gas turbines and 1-2 years’ assembly experience is preferred. Experience with lathe set-up & operation is preferred *(display of proficiency through testing may be required)
What are your daily job responsibilities?
- Complete assemblies, utilizing bolts, rivets, or other fasteners using hand and power tools.
- Torqueing to Spec requirements
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Utilizing shims, hand tools and measuring instruments, adjust tension on nuts/bolts, or position parts, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Maintain work area in a clean, orderly, and safe condition
- Utilize and maintain safe working procedures at all times
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints or drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Demonstrate ability to select appropriate test equipment for diagnosis (may include analyzers, pressure gauges, thickness gauges, vibration instruments, and visual or temperature sensing instruments).
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret factory manuals.
- Demonstrate ability to align machines and equipment using *machinist levels,- dial indicators, thickness gauges, squares, etc.
- Using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools.
- Paint and preserve, as instructed
- Operate lathes, mills and various types of machine shop equipment to make adjustments, as needed.
- Make necessary adjustments: setting governor valves, trips, bleeders and related controls.
- Perform balancing operations as required.
- Utilize oxy-acetylene equipment for heating parts for shrink fit.
What are your Education/Job Knowledge Requirements?
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is a minimum requirement
- Requires the ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions.
- Requires the ability to perform arithmetic skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, including decimals and fractions.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and blue prints to perform assembly.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment
- Could require simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagrams.
- Must be able to use imperial rule to measure.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment, which may include (but not limited to), cranes & fork lifts.
- Identify, explain, and performs crane hand signals.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 189641
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.