What are my responsibilities?
1. Be actively involved in the product development as well as undertaking and pushing forward cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions. Closely align with R&D community in the BU and strategic Procurement (Commodity Managers, Senior Buyers)
2. Include suppliers and conduct cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
3. Initiate market observation, conduct and provide market information/analyses on international technology and price trends in order to obtain new suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
4. Introduce and follow up given cross-functional Procurement strategies to ensure the linkage of commodity strategies and technological market trends.
5. Support activities planned by the lines of business in order to harmonize and implement the technological line-of-business strategies with procurement strategies.
6. Prepare sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological know-how and safeguard security strategies for new development product , technology, supplier.
7. Be involved in and provide corresponding support for projects in lines of business in order to provide optimum input for quotes, workshops, scope of material (BoM assessment) and realization of potential for savings in the project.
8. Assess and develop suppliers from the technological standpoint (if necessary, jointly with interface partners) in order to concentrate on the best suppliers.
9. Participate in workgroups and work in projects in order to stay informed and keep and others informed, and exert influence at an early stage.
10. Coordinate and manage a virtual/ functional team globally to achieve optimum conditions and savings through collaborative, targeted activities and to increase EVA from global and cross-sectoral sourcing. Global procurement strategy for projects with multiple locations.
What do I need to know to qualify?
- Bachelor degree or above in Engineering related majors
- More than 5-year professional experience in procurement field, or with relative product management and project management experience from technical background
- Professional expertise in technical purchasing
- Good commercial knowledge
- Good product knowledge
- Experience with cost breakdown and design to cost
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with working in cross function team with influencing power
- Supply Chain Management knowledge and Project Management knowledge
- Good command of English and Mandarin Chinese
- Bachelor degree, major in mechanical, electrical or related education
Job ID: 189723
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Sensors & Communication Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time