Manufacturing Engineer - Coatings
We are looking to add expert and hardworking Engineers to our team! This position is for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Charlotte Combustion Hot Gas Parts Manufacturing organization. You will be working with a team of manufacturing, design and service engineers, as well as collaborating with shop floor personnel to develop and apply Thermal Barrier and Wear Coatings.
This person will be responsible for owning the development and application of Thermal Spray processes used to manufacture new unit and repair Combustion components. This person should have strong technical ability in the areas of thermal barrier coating technology, spray process and equipment, and robotic programming. This position also requires the candidate to have the ability to create and detail standard processes and instruct and train technicians on the use of the fixtures, tooling, programs, and equipment. Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and capabilities is required, particularly during the process development phase.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- Experience working with HVOF and APS Coatings
- Ability to program robot controls
- Ability to interpret complex drawings and specifications, including a tried understanding of GD&T
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Record keeping of tests and changes for qualifications and approval process
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Thermal barrier and wear coating applications.
- Knowledge of Siemens NX, Teamcenter and SAP preferred.
- Knowledge of Materials laboratory methods and processes
- CNC programming.
- Additive manufacturing.
- Ni based alloy forming and fabrication (welding and brazing).
- Non-destructive inspection techniques.
- Fixture design.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Project management.
- Root Cause and Preventive Action methods.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 189799
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.