Manufacturing Technician – Siemens Magnet Technology, Oxfordshire
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? We have a fantastic opportunity for two Manufacturing Technicians to join our team on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
We have a variety of shifts available including:
- Weekend shift plus 2 days in week (early/late shifts rotating)
- Day shift rotating early/late
This role will suit someone who has previous experience, skills and knowledge in a manufacturing environment.
Your mission and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for ensuring the superconducting magnets are manufactured to a high standard. This will include both manual and semi-automatic tooling operation
- To carry out inspection and acceptance testing of components and sub-assemblies
- Proactively work with the Process Engineering Team and other Stream members to resolve issues.
- Actively contribute to health & safety improvements and culture and work in a safe manner
- Adhere to the Company Flex it policy to ensure delivery on time to your customer
- Maintain a high standard of 5’s workplace organization. You will contribute to Quality and productivity improvements through lean activities and through continuous improvement / elimination of waste, using ‘Lean Manufacturing techniques and tools
Your qualifications and experience:
- Experience with mechanical and pneumatic tools
- Experience in electrical test equipment
- Ability to work in a safe manner, to work to standard procedures and follow build instruction
- Good attention to detail & computer literacy
- Strong team player & good collaboration abilities
- Behave professionally and adopt the Siemens Healthineers guiding principles
- Flexibility and able to develop skills through the complete manufacturing process, and the production / product cells
Your cultural fit:
Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally.
About Siemens Magnet Technology:
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
What else do I need to know?
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent pension contributions, 26 days holiday, subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, private healthcare options and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
Job ID: 189816
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time