Who are we?
Siemens’ technology brings power and water to Qatar’s cities, pioneers digital infrastructure and industry and develops local talent through education and knowledge transfer. With a leading role in Oil & Gas, electrification, automation and digitalization, Siemens is building on more than 40 years in the region with innovative technology that supports sustainable economic growth and enhances the lives of citizens.
Siemens Gas & Power - Service & Digital Business Unit delivers the right service solutions for gas turbines, steam turbines, generators or compressors to increase efficiency, reliability and availability throughout their entire lifecycle. From modernizations and upgrades, remote monitoring, lifetime extensions, digital and condition monitoring to LTSAs for complete plants, we partner with you to achieve optimal performance and maximize success.
This position offers the chance to join a dynamic and growing Siemens business in Qatar as part of the Technical Support Engineering team to execute a key role in supporting critical infrastructure, offering the opportunity to develop existing competencies and learn new skills through various forms of training. Qatar is a cosmopolitan location offering excellent life style opportunities.
The candidate will be responsible for GP SDO Technical Support Engineering Management activities on complex projects involving Siemens Aero-derivative gas turbines and turbo compressors.
- Leading people & managing and facilitating technical information and responses on projects to ensure accurate and timely responses are provided in compliance with Siemens standards.
- Will be responsible for Technical Support, Advice and Clarifications to internal and external customers, from site and office based locations.
- Will be responsible for troubleshooting activities during Customer emergency / breakdown situations by coordinating and managing FSRs at site.
- Will review Rotating Equipment and package Condition Monitoring data and make recommendations based on the same, including planned and unplanned maintenance scheduling
- Typically will be based at site but must be available to travel according to project needs.
- Provide technical advice to client, FSR's, PCC based on best practices, technical specifications, observed trends, advice from PCC and RDS, this also includes dissemination and communication of technical bulletins to FSRs and client.
- Understand and agree criticality and priority of Technical Queries (TQs) and Clarifications (TCs) in order to manage customer timeline expectations. Evaluate originality of TQs and TCs in order to avoid reworking previous responses. Ensure correct recording of all TQs and TCs in the appropriate tools.
- Ensure PCC key experts are fulfilling their EHM scope, make sure the EHM is functional, seek advice from key experts to make sure they are producing a clear and effective EHM report, observe, report-out and communicate observed trends in the EHM report. act on EHM notifications. Advising and supporting FSRs to act on EHM Notifications including adding clarity to the EHM reports where required. Pro-actively searches out issues and solves them before they become a problem.
- Provide value added Technical input to maintenance planner which may include support to define work packs, Task risk assessment, method statements, manpower requirements, parts requirements, crane requirements, etc for Daily / Monthly, bi-annual, yearly and long term planning.
- Provide Technical Briefing to Site FSRs to ensure Technical understanding and compliance with work scopes.
- Ensure the site team close all actions assigned relevant to the project MTBFO actions including, sales force cases, parts return to PCC, data logs, inspections, PPT files.
- Attend scheduled meetings with customer engineering & maintenance teams to discuss daily maintenance activities, observed trends/anomalies in the machines, new site requirements, planned maintenance workscope. Ensure timely closure of pending technical activities including TQ, TC, TA and EHM. Contribute to ensuring FSR plans are able to be carried out as scheduled. Work with PM, FSRs, Site team.
- Communicate with key focal points in PCC to ensure engine overhauls are completed in a timely manner and that the intended workscopes are carried out as required and ATI (Authority to Induct) is correct. Work with PCC, MROC and Planners.
- Support and Participate with site team with regard to safety matters, communicate/manage safety bulletins, attend HSE walk/talk, ensure toolbox talks take place, make certain the team generates watchcards. Work with EHS team.
- Provide Technical input and support to risk register, product life cycle tools, SCM, Project reviews, Work with Project Manager.
Siemens places great value on equal employment opportunities. We look forward to receiving applications from differently abled people and thus support the initiative.
Job ID: 189847
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time