Zone Revenue Recognition Senior Manager-SISW-PLM
The Zone Revenue Recognition Senior Manager provides leadership, development and direction in structuring Siemens Industry Software multi-element transactions to comply with software revenue recognition rules with specific reference to ASC 606 and Siemens financial policies while maximizing revenue and providing solutions to complex sales issues.
This position reports to the Global Order to Cash Senior Director of Finance and will work very closely with the Zone FD and their direct reports in addition to the Zone Sales teams.
• Support country finance, sales and legal teams to provide pre-execution revenue recognition advisory guidance for large and complex multiple element arrangements, unique situations and new business models.
• Document revenue accounting treatment by summarizing the specifics of the transaction (Revenue Accounting Checklists) and overseeing the preparation of post deal documentation to support conclusions.
• Review sales transactions for violations of Stand Alone Selling Price (SSP) and guiding sales on adjusting pricing approach to conform to SSP bandings.
• Provide coaching and support to the Zone Revenue Analysts, Country Finance, and Sales teams to ensure policies are applied consistently across regions.
• Actively reviews, analyses, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (IFRS, and Siemens Financial Policies)
• Develop training materials and provide ongoing training to business finance, sales and operation teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• University degree and Professional Accounting certification (US CPA,
• CIMA, ACA, CIMA)
• Exceptional understanding and practical application of Revenue Recognition rules (ASC 606)
• 5+ years of exceptional Software Revenue Recognition guidance
• 5+ Software Industry experience
• Approximately 10% Travel required
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to apply common sense solutions to situations and deal with variable and complex information.
• Confident approach when dealing with internal customers.
• Ability to work with and be a part of an international team.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Broad exposure or having worked in other Accounting and Finance functions.
Job ID: 189852
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.