As the Commodity Manager for our growing Rolling Stock operation you will collaborate with Material Managers, Quality Management and Engineering to analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable supplier who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing. We will rely on your outstanding negotiation skills to create value with regards to key metrics such as lead-time, cost and quality. In this role, you will drive performance with our suppliers, collaborate with internal teams and make your mark within a team that is focused on winning, succeeding and make an impact.
- Main contact / interface within procurement and to your supply base for all inquiries in proposal and execution phase for assigned commodities.
- Execute commercial evaluation of proposals and conduct negotiations/contract documents that include price, scope, schedule, contractual terms and conditions and other as applicable (for example, special requirements due to manufacturing location restrictions, government project requirements, etc.).
- Contribute to the technical review and clarifications with supplier and provide innovative solutions to solve highly complex supply/supplier problems.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Project Procurement Management (PPM), Engineering, global sourcing team, and others as necessary to strategize best decision / outcome for Siemens.
- Perform comprehensive analyses of the supplier’s financial stability, technical competence, capacity and manufacturing capability.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Procurement, Business, Engineering or other relevant area a plus
- 5+ years of related experience in procurement, project management or engineering.
- Strong knowledge of commercial terms and conditions and structuring payment/cancellation schedules to Siemens best interests.
- Highly refined negotiating skills. Documented track record of successfully negotiating complex, high dollar contracts for products or services.
- Demonstrated track record of being proactive, self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile.
- Planning, organizing and analyzing data to build recommendations on sourcing strategies with implications for vendor selection, contract terms and negotiating position.
- Full understanding of early involvement levers (E-Auction, GVS sourcing, bundling, etc.).
- Ability to perform within international industry.
- Advanced leadership and teamwork skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all organizational levels.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% domestic/international.
Job ID: 189855
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.