Siemens Power Technologies International (PTI) is seeking a Software Developer who can help us grow our PSS® Software Solutions business as a key technical member of the PSS®CAPE team. The PSS® software portfolio is a world renowned Windows- and Web-based platform used by thousands of power companies around the world to conduct power system simulations in the areas of power transmission, distribution, and industrial networks. The studies performed with our tools help utilities and consultants to improve the reliability, security, and efficiency of the power grid, and assist with long-term expansion planning of the power infrastructure. Given this importance, we are looking for the brightest talents to join our team.
The ideal candidate should have one to five years of programming experience and a strong interest in modern C++ development. They should also be willing to work in Fortran and Python. The program is a mix of Fortran and C++. This is a great opportunity to learn about the latest in design and programming in C++. We use ideas from object oriented design, generic and functional programming.
- Write tests to define correct behavior using existing Fortran code as a model
- Design, implement and test features in C++ and Fortran
- Document design and implementation
- Configure and manage the continuous integration server
- Maintain and improve the build process and testing framework (written in Python)
- Investigate new technologies and libraries
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to work with a team in an agile environment
- Knowledge in object oriented design and programming
- Desire to program in C++ and Python
- Willingness to learn
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years professional experience
- Knowledgeable about circuit theory or power system modeling a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Job ID: 189858
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.