Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of engineering? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in design? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Begin your graduate journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you to develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with the best knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Collaborate with the Product design team to resolve technical problems and raise Engineering changes.
- Interpret equipment specifications and circuit diagrams to develop comprehensive test solutions.
- Investigate and evaluate test equipment improvements resulting in an increase in test equipment reliability or efficiency.
- Introducing quality improvements to achieve ‘Right First Time’ standards.
- Undertake all design calculations (from first principles) for assigned projects within the Rail Electrification portfolio.
- Undertake site surveys and produce site reports.
- Responsible for ensuring that all works are carried out safely.
- Produce fully compliant suitable outline and detailed designs to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Support all senior design team members (Project Engineers, Senior Design Engineers, Contractors Responsible Engineers, Contractors Engineering Manager and the Design Manager), as required, to ensure we deliver an integrated solution for the customer.
- Maintain effective communications with all project participants (client, stakeholders, suppliers etc) to ensure successful contract delivery.
- Ensure all designs meet client and regulatory standard.
- Ensure that all project designs are compliant with CDM regulations.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in electronic/electrical engineering or Power distribution or similar awarded at 2:1 or Merit as a minimum)..
- Experience in Test engineering of electrical and electronics products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise with varying levels of technical staff and customers
- Good team working skills.
- Able to work to targets and time-scales.
- The drive and self-motivation to achieve Chartered Status and to continuously develop your technical & behavioural skills.
- Ability to work, communicate effectively and report at all levels within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating innovative solutions.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments.
- Willingness to travel across the UK and occasionally abroad for project meetings and FAT attendance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio).
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Design. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit. (If the role is London based; a London Weighting allowance will also be offered).
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Job ID: 189979
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time