Logistics Internship – Siemens Healthineers, Oxfordshire
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? We are currently looking for two talented interns to join our Logistics team for 12 months starting in July 2020 at Siemens Magnet Technology (SMT), near Oxford.
SMT is part of Siemens Healthcare and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of superconducting magnet for MRI body scanners. Annually SMT make over 1100 magnets and a third of all MRI systems in the world contain a magnet made here. This means over 17 million patients a year are imaged using magnets at SMT.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally.
- Project Management & Participation: Support projects as required, provide leadership when defined; ensure appropriate tools are in place at all stages of project; provide accurate project reports.
- Relationship Management: Provide excellent communication skills to plan, co-ordinate and liaise with internal parties to support decision making process and providing advice
- Meeting Facilitation: To facilitate project meetings & prepare action logs as required
- Business IT Tools: To carry out appropriate transactional operations, together with the ability to analyse and evaluate data through extensive reporting mechanisms
- Business Processes: Maintain and ensure adherence to appropriate business processes to ensure/promote process compliance and to seek optimisation of processes where possible (to reduce costs, remove waste etc)
- Personal Development: Ensure skill set is appropriate to fulfil role function.
- Deputise: To provide deputy cover within the team as required to support colleagues when necessary
- Studying towards a degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Logistics
- To be very well organised and capable of learning and retaining skills
- To be self-motivated and proactive: keen to anticipate and resolve problems before they occur
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An enthusiasm for working in the medical domain
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
You will have the desire to grow within the team, potentially lead the team, and have the opportunity to develop future graduates in years to come.
About Siemens Magnet Technology:
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled, and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
We offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, 26 days holiday, private healthcare options and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep. This means students typically live in and around Oxford and are able to make the most of all this vibrant City has to offer, including being well connected to London.
What else do I need to know?
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Job ID: 189990
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time