Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Department: Application Engineer, Magnetohydrodynamics & Electro-Magnetics
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Join our team as a “Application Engineer (m/f/d) Magnetohydrodynamics & Electro-Magnetics - SISW” in Nürnberg, Germany.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking an Application Specialist to work in the area of magnetohydrodynamics and electromagnetics. Application Specialists liaise with other Product development groups and members of the Product Delivery Team within Siemens Digital Industries Software in order to develop requirements and prove technology for new software that will meet end-user expectations for a particular application area. For this role the application areas of interest are high temperature plasma modeling, low temperature non-equilibrium plasma models and other more general coupled electromagnetics and thermal/flow applications. The successful candidate will pioneer the use of new technology and workflows contained within Siemens Digital Industries’ flagship product Simcenter STAR-CCM+. The role reports to the Emerging Applications Manager, Technology Development within the Simulation and Test Services group of Siemens Digital Industries Software.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- ‘Investigate’ and ‘report’ on the suitability of our software for new application areas within magnetohydrodynamics and electromagnetics topics.
- ‘Translate’ new application requirements into needed features in support of development activities.
- ‘Prove’ advanced features in development versions of the code in support of Development Leads
- ‘Awareness’ of competitive offerings to determine feature sets for given applications, and to benchmark our own code to understand differentiators
- ‘Provide’ training and guidance to our Global Sales and Product Management teams to assist them in their efforts to commercialize new developments
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in CFD, Computer Science, Physics and Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering
- Several years of Industrial experience using electromagnetics simulation codes is required
- Some experience working in automotive, aeronautics or semiconductor industries would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Finite Volume analyses for fluid flow simulation and Finite Element methods for electromagnetics and solid energy solutions.
- Ability to seek out experimental data and perform detailed benchmark validation
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills
- Good organizational skills
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Ideally, you should also have:
- Prior experience with STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD, Multi-physics packages
- Java and/or C++ programming skills
What more do I need to know?
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens Digital Industries Software we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.