The Payroll Systems and Innovation Business Analyst is responsible for proactive collaboration with Customer and key internal business partners. This role is accountable to ensure consistent, timely, and high quality processing of payrolls through managing interfaces, programs, reporting and other tools used in the payroll process. This role will include review of legislative, contractual and policy driven changes, the impact on integrations and the implementation of appropriate changes. Responsibilities will also include managing the system updates and releases to ensure proper testing and methods are in place to ensure successful transitions.
- Maintains all payroll records within Payroll system to ensure that programs are carried out in accordance with the government regulations, company’s policies and procedures
- Responsible for Payroll KPI's and metrics reporting for the strategic and operating companies, identify trends and propose solutions
- Ensure union contracts system changes are handled timely and in compliance through system input and interfaces.
- Effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to resolve. Work in a team environment coordinating with other team members in the processing of U.S. payroll
- Coordinates and executes testing for all system changes and validates results
- Responsible for troubleshooting complex payroll system issues and provides errors resolution to the Payroll team
- Train the Payroll team in new system changes and ensure documentation is updated
- Maintain strong knowledge of payment systems and process flows to support vendors and payroll interfaces. Represent Payroll in these various interactions.
- Maintain documentation of all system payroll processes
- Assists in transitions in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, including but not limited to, analysis of payroll impacts, as needed for the domestic and international payrolls
- Liaison between HRIT and Payroll functional team regarding tickets and escalations
- Responsible for the review of current payroll systems to identify areas of process improvements and standardization
- Maintain compliance with all payroll systems and interfaces with Third Parties
- Develop and assist implementing technology improvements to the Payroll processes
- Identifies and uses CAPAs for root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventative actions
- Communicate effectively with various contacts to ensure high level of customer support and positive customer interactions.
Required Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 5 plus years of technical knowledge of payroll systems and interfaces.
- 3 plus years managing system updates and releases to ensure proper testing and methods are in place for a successful on go live date.
- Strong conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Ability to review processes and provide automated solutions to improve efficiencies
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments with deadlines
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills; attention to details
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access or other database software
- Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud or ERP systems highly preferred
Job ID: 190041
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.