The Payroll Analyst Escalations SME (Subject Matter Expert) is responsible for proactive collaboration with customer and key internal business partners. This role requires independent thinking and actions in handling the Payroll Escalations, analysis and validations. This position requires solid knowledge of state legal requirements, pay regulations, overtime compliance, and payroll tax laws and regulations. This role is accountable to ensure consistent, timely, and high-quality processing of Payrolls Escalations through managing programs, reporting and other tools used in the payroll processes. Determine process improvement actions, develop plans and implement those actions across end to end methodology.
This position is responsible for the review, analysis and resolution of the Payroll Escalations for the Siemens Strategic and Operating Companies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Handle Payroll Escalations timely and provide concrete and complete resolutions to the employees using the programs and tools available
• Effectively do in depth research across multiple platforms in order to ensure problems are appropriately identified and take appropriate steps to resolve
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with employees and other service lines to identify and implement proper and permanent resolution
• Identifies and uses CAPAs for root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventative actions
• Assist in the review of current payroll processes to identify areas of process improvements and standardization
• Ability to troubleshoot payroll processing issues, run and analyze reports
• Complete post payroll audits and reporting, prepare metrics and track errors
• Responsible for review of legislative, contractual and policy driven changes, the impact on integrations and the implementation of appropriate changes.
• Coordinates and executes testing for system changes and validates results
• Compile, analyze and provide data to support internal and external audits
• Assists in transitions in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, including but not limited to, analysis of payroll impacts, as needed for the domestic and international payrolls.
• Communicate effectively with various levels of management to ensure high level of customer support and positive customer interactions.
• Maintain compliance with all payroll related regulatory and Siemens requirements including effective internal controls
Required Knowledge/Skills Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• CPP/FPC certification a plus
• 5+ years of experience in payroll related responsibilities
• Solid understanding of payroll knowledge and principles
• Excellent communication and follow through skills required
• Understanding of payroll processing within a shared services environment
• Solid time management skills, ability to prioritize assignments in a dynamic work environment
• Proficient computer, organizational, analytical, research and problem solving skills
• Advanced Excel level, proficient with all Office applications
• Complete self-initiated training necessary to remain current on payroll practices
• Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud or ERP systems highly preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility, and a willingness to learn new things
Job ID: 190053
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.