Our Atlanta branch is searching for a Senior Electrical Service Specialist to cover the Georgia and South Carolina markets This person leads the most complex installation and checkout of electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with maintenance and testing of: switchgears, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance associated with low and medium voltage power distribution systems.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved, and checks and tests systems components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on low and medium voltage power distribution systems and components according to service agreement contracts.
- Develops MOPs, then tests and verifies system readings to ensure an optimal system operation.
- Identifies opportunities for system improvements, enhancements, and upgrades to extend systems and improve building automation system performance.
- Prices, proposes, and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, and calibration on electrical systems and components following manufactures recommended tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
- Supports the installation, start-up, and commissioning of installed service projects through the execution of point-to-point system checkout, verification, and start-up procedures.
- Participates is final system turnover job walks from new construction to service to support the warranty phase for newly installed systems.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers/vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
- Participates in job site final walk and/or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Required experience: Experience with the maintenance and testing of switchgears, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance associated with low and medium voltage power distribution systems.
- Required travel: 50%
- Other requirements:
- High level of technical knowledge of electrical and electronic component theory.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret MOPs, construction documents, professional and technical documents, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English—including writing business reports, professional correspondence, and procedures.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred education: Associate degree in electronics or other related field.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Job ID: 190067
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.