Siemens Building Technologies is
growing! We are currently looking for an experienced Sales Estimator to support
our Fire Alarm Solutions and Security Solutions and Service Sales
Group located in Cincinnati, OH. The primary responsibility of the Sales
Estimator is to complete sales estimates for the sales team including project
take-offs, specification interpretation and associated activities.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares cost estimates and price quotations on new work, and coordinates the preparation of cost estimates on project continuations
- Collects information from other functions, vendors, sub contractors to complete sales quotations as needed
- Assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams
- Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for fire and security solutions and services
- Obtains quotes from outside vendors and subcontractors for ancillary products and services
- Ensures timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation, workability, system operation, cost, and completeness of package given to sales
- Activities will include bid project take-offs, interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM) and other activities
- May attend pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs to develop deeper customer and project understanding
- Completes research activities on Dodge On-Line and informs sales team(s) to promote understanding of project scopes, phases and timing
- Works with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting and order entry
- Maintains complete files for all equipment used to generate quotes and assists in turnover process when quotes become an order
- Completes all record keeping entries and documentation on quotes within sales estimating tools. Assists with ongoing maintenance of Sales Estimating tools and SAP as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering desired, but will consider candidates with equivalent education and experience (a High School Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement)
- 3-5 years experience estimating and quoting Fire Alarm and Security Systems preferred, but will consider candidates with related experience in a similar industry such as electrical
- 5+ years of overall professional
- Must have experience using an Estimating/Quoting system
- Must be able to read plans/specs
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
• Extensive sales and product training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Not familiar with Siemens? Watch this short video that shows who we are and what we do:
Job ID: 190078
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.