Mobility in the United States is in forefront of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is an innovative partner to agencies in their transformation by combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for a Senior Project Manager to join our team in Austin, Texas.
Successful candidates will have spent at least 15 years in progressively responsible positions in ITS solutions and transportation infrastructure projects exceeding at least $20M in budget. Ideal candidates will have experience working in projects including – triple constraints, commercial considerations, legal constraints, partner identification, claim management, quality management and risk and opportunity management.
Candidates have experience in managing road infrastructure engineering and construction on projects for Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) and Smart Cities solutions. They will be responsible for leading project teams during project execution and guarantee meeting business goals and customer satisfaction by executing the project on time and in budget.
The role requires a proven track record of solid leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the transportation industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering. MBA or M.S. degree preferred
- 15 years of experience in ITS industry working for Engineering consultants or Government agencies
- PE license, any US state
- PMP certification, PMI
- Overview of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- Relocation to Austin, Texas
- 30% travel within the U.S
- Outstanding communication, leadership, interpersonal and customer intimacy skills
- Deliver project on time, in budget and in line with required quality
- Coordinate with internal departments and external partners
- Successfully deliver the project based on customer requirements and Siemens (PM@Siemens) project management guidelines
- Lead project teams and direct subject matter experts, support functions, and third-party partners to execute customer projects and achieve project targets
- Interface and communicate with the customer, suppliers and subcontractors on all project related topics, risks and opportunities
- Performs detailed planning of the work packages, the resources needed and time schedule. Organizes and supervises the interface, requirements and configuration management
- Ensures compliance with regards to technical, deadlines, commercial and qualitative project targets in consideration of guidelines
- Defines the technical measurement criteria and control factors for the project
- Identifies early deviations in the project and problem causes and proposes sustainable solutions
- Apply both PMP and Professional Engineering principles
- Professional and eloquent communication with customers, vendors, subcontractors, and engineering consultants
- Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project
milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from bid generation
to project acceptance and closure
· Driving all external and internal offer approval and release requests and processes in
expedited manner and with highest quality
- Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) to develop a strong bid response
- Review RFP's for feasibility and profitability
- Understand customer needs with attention to detail and match them with Siemens’ value proposition and unique selling points
- Present Senior Management with recommendations for improving volume, market share and price
Job ID: 190079
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.