Siemens Healthineers Molecular Imaging is seeking a PET scientist to join its PET Physics and Reconstruction research group, within the Research and Clinical Collaborations Department. The PET Scientist will be responsible for driving several innovation projects, as well as contributing to physics support for system and software development projects. The PET Physics and Reconstruction group has global responsibility for identifying and solving PET research problems relevant to clinicians and advancing PET technology. The PET scientist position reports to the Director, PET Physics and Reconstruction, in the Research and Clinical Collaborations Department.
The PET scientist is responsible for conceiving and developing innovations in PET and bringing them into a validated state ready for integration into new product versions. The PET scientist will focus on PET reconstruction.
Specific responsibilities are below:
- Supports the technology/innovation roadmap of the PET Physics and Reconstruction team
- Supports software innovation development at all levels: PET data corrections; image reconstruction algorithms, both analytical and statistical, design, implementation and optimization; image processing.
- Assures transfer of technologies into product solutions by working closely with other R&D teams and product management
- Participates in publication of results at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
- Protects innovations with invention disclosures
- Travels both internationally and domestically for customer visits and conferences
Specific task within PET/MR projects
The PET scientist is responsible for developing innovations for PET/MR, in particular completing the following tasks:
- PET reconstruction algorithms for PET/MR
- Develop normalization, attenuation correction for PET/MR
- Develop scatter correction for PET/MR
- Develop a Monte Carlo simulation code for PET/MR
- Validate with simulation all code for PET/MR
- Follow and support product development
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ph.D. in physics, mathematics, electrical/nuclear/computer engineering or related fields
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a research environment in one of these fields: image reconstruction, inverse problems, image processing and related field.
- Strong computer skills
- Detail oriented and organized, excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Outstanding ability to work independently, be creative, overcome obstacles
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Experience in multiple programming languages, including at least C++
- · Strong mathematical background
- · Experience with PET/MR
Job ID: 190081
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.