Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Berkeley, CA
Siemens Healthcare Laboratory (SHL) offers high-complexity diagnostic development and biomarker testing in support of Pharmaceutical company-sponsored clinical research programs. We offer high-quality end to end diagnostics services creating breakthroughs in precision medicine and solving key challenges in laboratory diagnostics and drug development.
SHL requires a Project Manager to establish PM tools, processes and responsibilities in order to optimize resources, manage timelines and ensure deliverables in support of our Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industry clients.
This position reports to the Head of Product in a flexible, result-focused organization with client satisfaction and retention as a top priority.
- Develop project plans and track resources in conjunction with internal teams
- Interface with R&D, operations, quality/regulatory and commercial team members
- Organize and manage internal project meetings, client calls and other communications
- Communicate status of programs to the SHL Management and commercial teams
- Identify and proactively help resolve issues and challenges before they significantly impact program deliverables
- Use MS Office and MS Project software packages as effective management and communication tools
- May contribute to business strategy, market research and develop corporate presentations
- Operate with an attitude of continuous improvement for self and the organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Grounding in biological sciences to at least Bachelor’s level. Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 yrs. experience in technical project management. PMP certification a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of molecular biology, immunoassays, and cell-based diagnostic test methods and technologies
- Good understanding of drug development processes in the Pharmaceutical industry along with diagnostics development in regulated settings. Previous employment in Lab Diagnostics or Pharma/Biotech industries preferred
- Strong analytical skills with ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Capable of leading and motivating cross-functional teams
- Flexible interpersonal skills
- Excited by working in small, dynamic teams with a start-up mentality within the setting of a large multi-site corporation
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 190109
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.