The Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Energy Management offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need.
This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
Role – challenging and future-oriented
• Will take on the responsibilities to create analytics applications together with our customers
• Will develop your skills for data integration (ETL), data visualization (Tableau, Power BI), and analytical methods
• Will use new technologies and methods to create new opportunities
• Will work on future trends and drive innovations, algorithms and applications
• Will be part of our data analytics team. With creative and ambitious colleagues, you are working in an international and agile environment
Strong understanding and hands on experience of Supervised and Unsupervised Machine learning techniques (like classification, clustering, regression, etc,.)
Experience with prototyping of these ML techniques using R or Python
Experience with productising the same using Spark ML, Apache Mahout, Weka, etc,.
Strong understanding on various types of recommender systems like Collaborative Filtering, Content based filtering, Association rule mining, etc,.
Working knowledge of Big Data Tech stack -- Hadoop, Spark and NoSQL databases like Couchbase, HBase, Solr, etc,.
Qualifications – solid and appropriate
• Should have successfully completed Master/Bachelor degree in mathematics, engineering or computer sciences
• Should have great knowledge in statistics, data management and machine learning
• Ideally have some year’s experience in data science work environment
• Should have experience in working with times series data from an industrial environment
• Should have experience working in the Hadoop (Hive, Spark, Yarn, Sqoop) ecosystem
• Should have experience with Python, Java or Scala programming languages
• Should be a Team player with strong communication skills
• Should have very good English skills in speaking and writing.
Masters / Bachelor of Science in electrical/Electronics/computer/ or computer science
Typically 2 -5 years of experience in Data Analytics and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as described above
Spark , Hadoop , HBase, SCALA , NoSQL, Java , Big Data , Solr , Python , Machine Learning , information retrieval
1. Hands on experience in developing recommender systems at production scale.
2. Exposure towards DevOps and containers like Docker.
3. Exposure to cloud environments like AWS, Azure, etc,.
4. Understanding on unstructured (text) data processing and NLP