- A Project Engineer is an exciting, challenging, and rewarding role! A Project Engineer is a technical lead on a project with a broad technical background and good communication skills whose contribution can significantly impact the performance of the organization. The Project Engineer is responsible for moderating and optimizing multiple engineering sub-disciplines within and outside the organization to meet the project deliverables and milestones.
- The successful candidate will have an interest and competency in project execution, be a team player, and is expected to assume a leadership role within a collaborative engineering team including, but not limited to, a project manager, product design engineer, package/systems engineer, drafting, core technology specialist, and service center/factory assembly team, customer, supplier, as required.
- Review all project specifications and ensure requirements are communicated, understood, and incorporated by other engineering/manufacturing disciplines and appropriate sub-vendors
- Assist in preparation for project coordination meetings, including specifications, discussion of requirements, scope of equipment supply, equipment arrangement, options offered, and drawing/documentation schedules
- Effectively monitor engineering schedules and communicate any potential impact to cost, cash flow or delivery to project manager
- Prepare timely drive train and selected ancillaries equipment technical purchase specifications for major buyouts, and assist purchasing in vendor selection, if required. Instruct the drafting department with respect to equipment layout and customer requirements
- Review and approve all Dresser-Rand customer issue drawings for compliance with project requirements prior to issue
- Review customer returned comments and provide direction. Review major buyout vendor drawings for compliance with project requirements
- Approve as applicable and return to vendor in accordance with schedule. Establish engineering schedule and provide support groups with both direction and the necessary input data to effectively complete design requirements
- Supports Project Manager for all technical aspects of the project as needed to address the needs of the external customer (client) and the internal customer
- Provide leadership to the project .technical team to ensure project deliverables and milestones are met
- Required to finalize the scope of supply of all equipment purchased by our client; to place major buyout equipment on order, translate customer requirements into Dresser-Rand documentation for the purpose of project execution
- Direct and coordinate the activities of various engineering groups to ensure contract specifications / requirements are met and are consistent with established price and delivery requirements
- Provide technical support and warranty account administration for equipment supplied by Dresser-Rand Olean from the time of shipment through the warranty period
- Prepare and issue a timely, complete, and concise job file
- Complete and issue applicable contract specifications, which contain all pertinent information needed to define the
- compressor / steam turbine and/or gas turbine and related equipment to the organization
- Obtain and monitor major buyout costs, drawing schedule and delivery requirements
- Ensure timely resolution / response to client questions
- Lead and provide timely resolution for all internal technical issues
- Coordinate all interfaces between engineering departments / customer and engineering departments / vendor(s)
- Manage internal engineering progress and vendor progress by timely revisions to job file and purchase technical specifications
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerodynamic, or equivalent degrees from an ABET accredited college/university will be considered)
- 2 year's experience in project engineering of technologically advanced rotating equipment
- Ability to work collaboratively and individually with the same enthusiasm and intensity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Possess and demonstrate a high degree of tact and professionalism; and be capable of interacting with Management, Peers, Shop Personnel, and Clients
- High attention to detail
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Solid computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-Point) and basic 2D/3D CAD
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally with short notice (estimated 10-20% travel)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge and understanding of Siemens / Dresser-Rand’s products and services
- Experience working with rotating machinery / turbo-machinery such as centrifugal/radial compressors, axial compressors, expanders
- Experience working for a major rotating equipment supplier, machinery reliability engineer, and/or EPC
- Familiarity and experience with industry standards such as ASME and API
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 190232
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.