- A Systems (Package) Engineer is an exciting, challenging, and rewarding role! A Systems (Package) is a technical lead on Systems/Packaging scope of the project with a broad technical background and good communication skills whose contribution can significantly impact the performance of the organization. The Systems (Package) Engineer is responsible for moderating and optimizing multiple engineering sub-disciplines within and outside the organization to meet the project deliverables and milestones.
- The successful candidate will have an interest and competency in Systems (Package) execution, be a team player, and is expected to assume a leadership role within a collaborative engineering team including, but not limited to, a project manager, project engineer, product design engineer, package/systems drafting, core technology specialist, and service center/factory assembly team, customer, supplier, as required.
- To specify mechanical/electrical/ancillary components and complete designs for turbo equipment packages and functional auxiliary systems within contract requirements
- Auxiliary support equipment may consist of lube, seal & hydraulic oil systems, seal gas systems and various other support systems and/or components
- The Systems Engineer is responsible for auxiliary system designs and occasional support to the Regions
- In addition, the Package Engineer will also assist other team members as needed to ensure client deliverables are met in a timely matter
- Read and understand client specifications including equipment, industry standards (i.e., API, ASME, etc), and Company practices standards, and apply to the design of auxiliary support equipment for centrifugal compressor applications
- Correctly configure and maintain the systems/package related areas in Corporate Product Configurator engineering tool
- Responsible to ensure that all packaged equipment designs meet the Company design rules and current practices
- Responsibilities include the preparation of ancillary packaged equipment purchasing such as, lube oil consoles, gas seal consoles, oil rundown tank systems and other project associated equipment
- Prepare auxiliary systems diagrams and bills of material to meet contract requirements.
- Prepare specifications for piping, piping hydro-tests, installation and systems drafting to meet customer requirements
- Prepare Turbo Systems Equipment (TSE) specifications for vendor supplied components.
- Assist in the review of console and compressor system arrangement drawings for design considerations and meeting contract requirements
- Insure drafting has correct vendor component drawings
- Write operating and test instructions pertaining to the auxiliary systems designed.
- Implement Company specifications. Write devadds to Company specifications as required by the contract
- Complete work accurately (the first time) and within the predetermined schedule.
- Develop unique designs as required to meet contract requirements
- Design pressure vessels and other non-vendor supplied system components to meet contract and code requirements
- Assist the test department in resolving systems related problems
- Assist field service department in resolving systems related problems
- Establish standards for systems/package design criteria and update Turbo Package design guide
- Write specifications suitable for the procurement of control panels, controls systems equipment, instrumentation, process valves, and skid wiring
- Design skid wiring and assist manufacturing facility with the implementation of the design.
- Prepare surge/process control and logic diagrams when required
- Assist in establishing standards for systems components
- Establish standards for systems/package components
- Review and understand the client and/or Company’s needs for system upgrades
- Review and engineer viable cost effective and timely solutions and/or upgrades
- Perform all normal calculations required in the design of process centrifugal compressor auxiliary support systems
- Issue accurate, complete and concise RFQ’s to sub-vendors for components and systems
- Review sub-vendor quotations and select best based upon design fit, price and delivery lead time
- Assist in preparation of the upgrades proposal with clear and concise wording along with accurate sale pricing and lead times
- Prepare and issue complete and accurate component and system purchase specifications and requisitions
- Review and approve sub-vendor diagrams, component lists, drawings and other details necessary to assure compliance with purchase specifications and specified industry standards
- Support other personnel including compressor revamp marketing, technical services and field sales regarding compressor auxiliary systems problems and requests for assistance
- Identify any design problems or omissions and take appropriate action to correct them
- Accept responsibility for making and then meeting work commitments
- Conduct or attend engineering meetings with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Strive to achieve and continuously improve customer satisfaction
- Have an understanding of effective team communication with co-workers in all levels of the organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerodynamic, or equivalent degrees from an ABET accredited college/university will be considered)
- 2 year's Experience in systems (package) engineering of technologically advanced rotating equipment
- Detailed knowledge of API-614
- Good working knowledge of API-613, API-617, ASME Section 8 and ANSI B31.3.
- Ability to work collaboratively and individually with the same enthusiasm and intensity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Possess and demonstrate a high degree of tact and professionalism; and be capable of interacting with Management, Peers, Shop Personnel, and Clients
- High attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Solid computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-Point) and basic 2D/3D CAD
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally with short notice (estimated 10-20% travel)
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge and understanding of Siemens / Dresser-Rand’s products and services
- Experience working with rotating machinery / turbo-machinery such as centrifugal/radial compressors, axial compressors, expanders
- Experience working for a major rotating equipment supplier, machinery reliability engineer, and/or EPC
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 190235
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.