Export Sales Manager
Does working for a global company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology interest you? Then working for Siemens Mobility is for you!
Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a growing business within Siemens Mobility Ltd with an annual turnover significantly in excess of £100m. We have a clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road networks that helps drive the worldwide economy. Our customers know us for quality, reliability and innovation and trust us as a long-term partner. ITS UK is part of a Global Siemens ITS network where the UK organization encompass a global Factory, R&D, Service, Projects and Sales. The global Factory manufactures ITS products which are exported globally.
The position of Export Sales Manager involves the responsibility for identifying new business opportunities and business partners to generate new income for the company from existing and new overseas markets.
Working as part of Siemens’ ITS International Sales team, the role will focus on developing key accounts, researching new opportunities and collaborating with Siemens’ international network of distributors in the ITS Market segment; for designated territories assigned by the Head of Urban Sales based in HQ, Munich. This will require liaison with System Integrators, Government Authorities and Agencies, amongst others.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Siemens. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is innovative, inclusive and the rewards are excellent. With Siemens, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
What are your responsibilities?
- Promote Siemens’ ITS product portfolio in order to obtain new business that meets or exceeds the established annual order budget.
- Visit allocated accounts/markets regularly to promote and sell Siemens’ products & in the most cost-effective and efficient way.
- Actively research new markets and opportunities. Identifying the key partners and any political/cultural influences to assist our target strategy.
- Establish and manage relationships with clients and sales channel partners
- Be responsible for commercial matters such as overseeing proposals, negotiate and revise supply contracts and collate responses to ‘Requests for Proposals’ and Public Invitation to Tenders (ITT).
- Ensure that internal procedures are met, in particular the creation of client proposals / tenders with the engineering, project delivery, marketing, production, commercial and finance team.
- Assist in getting on-time payment from Customers/Partners.
- Obtain and communicate to the Head of Urban Sales and UK Sales Director, information related to the accounts, the political and economic status of the accounts, the client's product requirements, the competitor product range and their Marketing and Sales Activity with such clients.
- Make a monthly report and a 12-month rolling forecast (by territory) each calendar month in accordance with the prescribed standards and format.
- Make a three-monthly forecast report by territory to the Head of Urban Sales in HQ and UK Sales Director.
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills and be able to work successfully within a team.
- IT competency is also essential, as is the ability to use initiative along with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Sales/Business Development experience, preferably within the ITS/Transportation Industry
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management and Retention
- Experience of completing client proposals/tenders
- Experience of compiling complex proposals and ITTs in conjunction with tendering team
- Knowledge of commercial/contractual law
- Experience of working overseas, in particular Latin America.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or Portuguese desirable.
- Ability to travel Internationally without restriction
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 190247
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time