We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Our IT Master Data Management service needs an IT Solution Consultant to join our growing team. We are looking for a professional with experience in both information technology and business processes, especially focused on IT Operation. The successful applicant will serve as the liaison between the MDM customers, service providers/vendors and IT department of our company, helping build IT solutions that will improve the product master data management process, data quality and data publication. The ideal candidate for this position is innovative, service-oriented, highly organized and excellent in Application Management. He or she will be responsible for IT Operations of STEP MDM and projects/initiatives around the service.
Your new responsibilities
- Lead STEP MDM operations and maintenance activities around application and Infrastructure according to approved procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Implements data/information security measures within STEP MDM landscape as per cybersecurity guidelines.
- Communicates with vendors and service providers on an accountable level to keep MDM Service stable and efficiently running according to defined SLA
- Expertise on STEP MDM integrations and liaison efficiently with respective IT teams responsible for interfaces.
- Be an active and responsible member of Agile DevOps Team
- Formulate requirements in the form of user stories and perform integration tests to validate the solutions
- Evaluate, test and recommend new opportunities for enhancing our software, hardware and IT processes
- Elaborate technical concepts and conduct implementation planning in close collaboration with internal & external partners
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, project management or related field
- 10+ years of experience in IT Service Management and Operations
- 5+ years of experience in Master Data Management
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems, tools and IT Service Management Processes, Application Management Processes
- Know-how knowledge of IT infrastructure (Servers, Cloud, Linux OS, interfaces) and cybersecurity topics
- Experience with STEP application will be an advantage.
- Ability to work in an agile environment and deep understanding in Agile Frameworks (Scrum / SAFe)
- Upholds a sense of customer service and client satisfaction
- Excellent communication and networking skills in an intercultural environment and across all management levels
- Excellent oral and written skills in English. Good German knowledge will be an advantage
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 190259
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either