How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our service center team as a Shipping and Receiving Specialist in our Horsham, PA facility. In this position you will receive per bill of lading, store, stock, identify, and issue material by job number, name, part, and/or drawing number by use of Oracle database and/or other company computer systems. You will verify count, condition, and correctness of all material received and report discrepancies to office. You will create packing lists for items to be shipped, order trucks from company approved trucking vendors, coordinate pick up with drivers and dispatchers, load trucks with fork truck or crane.
What are your responsibilities?
- Check bill of lading against purchase order or other contract documents to insure correct piece.
- Designate, allocate, place in proper storage location, and transact material in a database system.
- Record location of material and report any unusual material condition or out-of-balance inventory.
- Collect and transport material as needed for task, operating Jitney, towmotor, crane (including yard crane), carousel, hand trucks, tugger and stock selector.
- Secure from Shop all material to fill particular orders, working to parts orders, item cards, picklists or listings which give quantity, drawing and part number of required material. Check against drawing to determine correctness.
- Gather material and be responsible for collating all of the correct material for a particular order. order trucks to transport material to/from third party vendors and or client locations
- Work at any location required in cleaning, priming, painting, preserving, packaging, boxing or processing of compressors, turbines, valves, engines, accessories and parts for shipment.
- Use a variety of materials to wash or clean equipment and parts in preparation for painting including rust removal.
- Mask off, plug, block and tie up compressors, accessories, and parts prior to priming or painting. Unmask and touch-up as required including brushwork. .
- Handle and sort scrap in proper containers (Metal, Wood, Pallets, Cardboard, Landfill Materials, etc.).
- Move and store material in yards and shops, such as castings, forgings, tanks, etc.
- Keep inventory of material and equipment in disposal area and keep properly stored, ordering removal of containers when full.
- Maintain project records for shipping and receiving in the central computer storage system
- Other tasks as may be assigned by shop foreman
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge and skills with computer/internet usage experience with MS Word, Excel, Office
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds repetitiously for up to 8 to 10 hours a day
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel, and twist repetitiously for up to 8 to 10 hours a day
- Fork Truck experience
- Crane and or Rigging experience
- Mechanical Aptitude and or Training
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 190265
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.