At Siemens Mobility, we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal
responsibility for our company’s success. We put our customers first, external & internal, holding
ourselves and each other accountable to deliver on our commitments by owning the issue, delivering on
time, and within budget. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’
experience. We trust and empower our employees to self-direct themselves and their teams and innovate
The Siemens Mobility Customer Services Division (CS) employs more than 200 employees in the USA
and is part of the Siemens Mobility global Customer Services community.
The CS Service contracted service provision portfolio includes long term maintenance, technical
service/spare parts supply, vendor managed inventory, refurbishment/overhaul/accident repair including
digital service introduction and retrofits for rolling stock, rail electrification and rail signaling systems.
As a Service Engineer for Siemens Mobility, imagine the satisfaction and fulfillment you will derive as you
directly impact the safe and efficient travel of millions of passengers per year, throughout North America.
In compliance with all applicable regulations as well as industry and customer specification, you will
• analyze opportunities that vary in complexity and nature to develop and deliver optimal solutions
• integrate processes and results from other workflows and disciplines to develop and propose
appropriate and effective solutions
• consistently demonstrate solid professional judgement and problem-solving competence
• provide in-depth technical and expert product and service support, locally and remotely
• develop, review and approve technical specifications for products and services
• oversee and engage in equipment commissioning
• manage sub-contractors and be accountable for delivery to scope, schedule and budget
• define, maintain and communicate key performance indicators
• create, maintain, analyze and continuously improve internal processes and equipment
• analyze data trends to mitigate risks and leverage opportunity
• Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional colleagues
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Electrical)
• Experienced Professional 5-8 years of experience (preferably in rail, mining or other heavy
• General understanding of mechanical & electrical drawings, schematics and system architecture diagrams
• Effective technical communicator, both oral and written
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future
for employment in the United States.
• Amount of Travel: 10%
Job ID: 190319
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.